Rainy Daze Quilt Guild is a 501(3)(c) organized community quilting group based in Lewis County Washington. The Guild was formed on January 21, 1998.
We are an active group of creative people at all skill levels who represent the whole spectrum of quilting from traditional to contemporary. Our common bond is our love for the art of quilting and our desire to share the experience with other quilters and our community.
We currently have 61 members. Our monthly meetings, held on the second Tuesday of each month, start at 6:00 p.m. beginning with a social half hour. At 6:30 the business meeting begins, followed by Show and Tell where members share their completed work. The meeting concludes with a program, which varies from month to month and is designed to motivate, inform and entertain.
Membership participation and community support are vital to our mission of promoting and preserving the art of quilt-making through education, workshops, lectures, and demonstrations.
As a Guild member there are many opportunities for you to interact with other people interested in quilting, which include:
- Monthly Meetings
- Sew Daze: A quarterly gathering to work on your projects in the company of other quilters.
- Public Facebook Group
- Closed Facebook Group to blog and post pictures
- Block Party: A free or low-cost class offered to members
- Additional Classes may be offered
- Stay Treat: A local two-day event with a guest instructor
- Retreat: The Guild hosts an annual retreat
- Quilt Show: During odd numbered years we host a non-juried Quilt Show. All members are encouraged to enter their quilts for display.
- Sweat Shop, Community Service groups: Monthly gatherings to create quilts for our various charitable activities.
Each year we also “adopt” a family and provide for their Christmas celebration by donating gift cards to a local grocery store, a quilt and gifts for each family member from their wish list.
Annual dues are $30.00
Each year, the Guild chooses one or two organizations to receive Comfort Quilts as part of our commitment to Community Service. Previous years’ recipients include:
- DaVita Dialysis Center
- County Foster Care Services
- Fresenius Dialysis Center
- Human Response Network
- Lewis County Sheriff’s Department
- Liberty Country Place
- Local Flood Victims
- PeaceHealth Hospice Care
- PeaceHealth Neonatal Unit
- Providence Hospital Birthing Center
Upon request, our “Sweat Shop” committee provides quilts to be used as fundraisers for non-profit organizations. Past recipients include:
- Cascade Mental Health
- Centralia High School
- Chehalis Rotary Club
- Mary Bridge Hospital
- Providence Winter Gala
- Relay for Life